About me

Mein Bild
Duesseldorf, NRW, Germany
Iam a German 40s/50s/60s Pin up Girl, Retro Addict and Weirdo. I love make up, to craft, do photoshootings and collect vintage clothes/ lingerie. In my blog you can read all about it, mashed up with my thoughts about fashion/styling.

Topics

Shooting (162) make up (83) photoshooting (82) 50s (80) review (77) fashion (71) memebox (50) 40s (49) releases (49) 60s (36) korean (36) Skin care (31) making of (31) diy (18) lifestyle (10) how to (9) modelling (8) hair styling (7) styling (7) 30s (6)

Sonntag, 7. Juli 2013

Viva la "VIVO"

Hello everyone,
 
another British Make up Brand sneaked into the Spotlight for me... VIVO. Just like MUA it´s owned and made by FB Beauty and as they had a 50% off sale AND free shipping and I am looking hard for some Multi purpose sets for vacation I figured I give them a try....

What I got...
First row (from top to bottom): Blush & Highlight Face Palette "Show me yours and I´ll", B & H Palette "What´s mine in mine", Matte Lipstick "Tangtastic", Matte Lipstick "Puker Red"
Second Row: Blush and Highlighter Duo "Pink Primrose", B a H D "Sweet Peach", Lacqer Shine Lipgloss "Fire", Highlighter
Third Row: B a H D "Sugar Candy", Matte Eye Shadow "Sandstorm"
 Swatches:
Photo taken inside
Starting from the Left:
 Blush & Highlight Face Palette "What´s mine is mine" (on top)
 B & H Face Palette "Show me yours and I´ll" (below)
Highlighter.
Blush with Highlighter Duo (I swatched Highlighter First, followed by Blush):
"Sweet Peach", "Sugar Candy" and "Pink Primrose".
Matte Eye Shadow "Sandstorm"
 
Photo taken outside
 
I LOVE the Blush & Highlight Palettes. Seriously. Each Palette consists of a creme blusher, a powder blusher and a highlighter. The description advices to first put on the cream blusher, than dust the powder one on top and than apply the highlighter. I feel this implies that the cream highlighter is not an intense Color. NO. You can put on either the cream or powder blush and you will be FINE. A good vacation product because if you are in the mood for cream blusher you can use that. If you feel like "no, I want to use a powder blusher today" you can do it. And the highlighter is good to have in any case.

On the Pictures below Iam applied the Blush and Highlight Palette in "What´s mine is mine"which is a nice coralish/pinkish Color and the Matte lipstick in "Tangtastic".
 
The liquid Highlighter is very subtle. But I will give it some road-testing and see how it goes. A Little of it goes a Long way though. I suggest if you are not very brave it is a good liquid highlighter to Experiment with.
 
Blush with Highlighter Duo:  The highlighter is soft and nice, but the blusher part was sort of hard to swatch and I had to layer it quiet a bit so it would work. I don´t want to give up on them though and will test them "on the road" to make up my mind. I REALLY want them to work... But probably they will only do for subtle day make up and won´t be suitable for photoshootings.

UPDATE: I road-tested the Blush with Highlighter Duos. Just as I thought: They are nice and subtle for every day, but not something "strong" enough to take to my Shootings.. Well, Í have good use for them anyway ;-)
 
About the Matte Eyeshadow in "Sandstorm" I can just say: As you can see you see nothing. This works for very natural Looks, but if that´s not your Kind of Thing I´d say pass on that. I have the MUA Matt Eyeshadow in Shade 17 which is even a bit more light, but making a photo of the swatch makes no sense because... well... you´d see nothing.
 
On to the lipsticks!
Matte Lipstick "Tangtastic", Matte Lipstick "Pucker Red", Laqcer Shine Lipgloss "Fire"
I ordered the VIVO Matte Lipsticks - and than I realised: What if they are the same ones as the Matte lipsticks included in the MUA Lipboom? So the first Thing I did was comparing them side by side...


Comparing MUA Lip Boom Matte Lipsticks with Vivo Matte Lipsticks:
Left: MUA "OMG", Right "Vivo "Tangtastic" Verdict: MUA is a tad more pinkish
Left MUA "Bring it", Right: Vivo "Pucker Red" Verdict: is basically the same
 Quality-wise they are the same. Even smell the same way (Vanilla... yummy!) You definately don´t Need both MUA´s "Bring it" and VIVO´s "Pucker Red". The Colors are exactly the same. The Lipboom Comes with a Lipgloss so it is really up to you which Version you prefer. Either way you get great Quality and an amazing matte red lipstick ;-)
 
I quiet like the Lacquer Shine Lipgloss in "Fire" but the fragrance is more like bubblegum. Not sure how I will cope with that. I prefer the vanilla fragrance that basically all MUA products have.
 
VIVO still have their 50% off sale going on until 10th July, so if you´d like to try something you should go for it NOW.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen