About me

Mein Bild
Duesseldorf, NRW, Germany
Iam a German 40s/50s/60s Pin up Girl, Retro Addict and Weirdo. I love make up, to craft, do photoshootings and collect vintage clothes/ lingerie. In my blog you can read all about it, mashed up with my thoughts about fashion/styling.

Topics

Shooting (162) make up (83) photoshooting (82) 50s (80) review (77) fashion (71) memebox (50) 40s (49) releases (49) 60s (36) korean (36) Skin care (31) making of (31) diy (18) lifestyle (10) how to (9) modelling (8) hair styling (7) styling (7) 30s (6)

Sonntag, 19. Januar 2014

Putting korean bb creams to the test! Mizon, HolikaHolika and Etude House

Hello everyone,

in my every day life I mostly use BB Creams, rather than foundation because I prefer the lighter coverage and the many benefits a BB Cream provides. Today I would like to introduce some that I lately bought and use quiet often. They work well with my combination skin, so if you have combination skin as well you will probably like to get an idea on which one might work for you :-) Don´t forget to click the pictures to read in more detail what the brands say about their BB creams.

HolikaHolika Petit BB – “Clearing” SPF30 PA++(also available in “moisture”, “essential” “shimmering” and “watery” version)

Features
: Tea tree oil extract, sebum cover powder contained.

: Relieves skin to make it clear and soft
: SPF30,PA++


What I think: I really like the tea tree fragrance of this BB Cream. It makes my skin nice and soft and stays on all day. I can layer it nicely over any troubled areas and it conceals small pimples and any redness without any problems. I just need a little bit of concealer under my eyes, powder and I am done. (I hesitate to layer it under my eyes, because well, I don´t need extra clearing there). The colour adapts to my skin without problems. My nose will shine a bit during the day, but after some blotting it is no big deal.

Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cotton Fit – “natural beige” SPF30 PA++
Whitening and Anti-Wrinkle, Anti-Darkening
All day Pearly bright skin BB Cream perfectly glides onto skin providing clear and bright complexion with a smooth. Cotton like powdery finish for flawless skin.

What I think: This bb cream is very, very thick. You seriously only need one layer of this and no concealer or any layering. The tough part: You can easily get too much foundation on your skin and look caked. And you still have to put powder on top of it. I would recommend the cream for a bad skin day when you don´t want to do much concealing. But…. Be careful. As I said before it can look too much if you don´t use it sparingly. I chose the colour natural beige because the lightest colour is even too light for me, so if you find that BBs are still too dark for you you should try a sample of this one…

I would also like to add that “whitening” does not in fact whiten your skin. It just will rather “brighten” it. So no need to worry that over time your face will look like a snow-white moon on the rest of your body ;-)

Mizon Snail BB Cream
45% of snail extract is effective for repairing wrinkles.
Sun block effect is effective for skin brightening and assists in skin repairing by blocking harmful UV.

It also provides high skin coverage and a natural look.
Snail extract gives it a high silky clinging elastic texture which revitalizes skin instantly.
Healing properties which soften, smooth and refine skin.
Conceals all types of pigmentation, discoloration, acne and marks.
Natural glow on your face without makeup look.
Provides perfect coverage just like a foundation but without clogging pores or damaging the skin.
Encourages skin regeneration to create and maintain youthful skin.

What I think: Yes, here I am again with that topic that will make you frown…. Snail slime. Presently I use most of the Mizon snail line for skin care (cream, recovery gel and BB Cream) and it is really amazing. Maybe I´ll do a separate post on that at a later point. I really, really love this cream! It indeed has the silky texture it claims to have, one can layer it at troubled places and my skin looks and feels very nice when I wear it. There is only one thing which is that it is almost too pale for me. However I can fix that by powdering it with Ben Nye Banana Powder. In summer I will have to be on the look out for another BB Cream or find one dark enough to mix it.
Picture 2

Picture 1

 Picture 1: Etude House, Holika Holika and Mizon right off the tube

Picture 2: Spread out a little

Picture 3: Blended some more


Picture 3
All BB Creams where bought with my own money. I bought the Holika Holika BB Cream on ebay and Etude House and the Mizon BB Creams on www.testerkorea.com 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen