About me

Mein Bild
Duesseldorf, NRW, Germany
Iam a German 40s/50s/60s Pin up Girl, Retro Addict and Weirdo. I love make up, to craft, do photoshootings and collect vintage clothes/ lingerie. In my blog you can read all about it, mashed up with my thoughts about fashion/styling.

Topics

Shooting (162) make up (83) photoshooting (82) 50s (80) review (77) fashion (71) memebox (50) 40s (49) releases (49) 60s (36) korean (36) Skin care (31) making of (31) diy (18) lifestyle (10) how to (9) modelling (8) hair styling (7) styling (7) 30s (6)

Sonntag, 12. Januar 2014

Review: Skinfood Gift set Royal Honey emulsion and toner plus Royal Jelly Hydro Cream

The gift set - and 1 € so you get an idea
about its size.
Hello everyone,

today I post again about my Little Skin care experiments. I have done quiet a bit of experimenting lately, so there will be more in a foreseeable future. But don´t worry, I also have some photoshootings lined up, so there won´t be a shortage of new pretty pictures in between ;-)


I was doing a little shopping on www.testerkorea.com because I wanted to try some Korean skin care brands without cashing out a lot.  And the Skinfood Royal honey gift set was among the things that went into my shopping cart. After all I LOVE honey! Not only to eat it, but I sometimes make my own honey mask by just putting some on my face and keep it there for 10 minutes or so and sometimes if I have 1-2 minutes extra time in the morning I even clean my face with it. I usually moist my face, take a pea-sized amount of honey and massage it to my face. Than I let it sit there for 30 seconds to a minute and rinse it off. If it a way less stickier experience than it sounds and my skin loves it. After all honey is known to be both moisturizing and anti-bacterial. So I was excited to try this little set.

The gift set consists of two tiny tiny bottles of toner and emulsion. As I have heard that Korean toner is less for disinfecting and drying out and rather used to keep the moisture IN the skin and I formerly used no emulsion in my skin care routine this was the perfect first Sample buy to dip my face into the topic.

So what does the description of the gift set say? “A treatment toner with royal black honey and royal jelly extracts that hydrates and transforms skin into a nice honey glazed complexion. A treatment emulsion with royal black honey and royal jelly extracts that moisturizes and transforms skin into a nice honey glazed complexion”.

So… After cleaning my face I now put a few drops of the toner on my face. I don´t use a wipe – I just tap it on with my fingers. Than I apply a serum (the alverde Algenkur thing mentioned in an earlier post), wait till it sinks in,  than apply a few drops of emulsion. Toner and emulsion smell a liiiittle bit like honey, but nothing too overpowering. The toner doesn´t feel in any way like the Toners I know  (I feel or smell no alcohole). I really think it does its job of keeping the moisture in. The emulsion is very thin and sinks into the skin quickly, so application and waiting for it to sink in does not take a lot of time. Also: You need so little product that this little sample set will last for some weeks.

I have used it for a week now and I can´t confirm anything about a “honey glazed complexion” whatever this is supposed to mean. I didn´t get any break outs – but it also didn´t reduce the tiny ones I had already. My skin was nicely moisturized, but I am not sure whether I can give all the credit for it to this set. Considering the set is so cheap (only 900 won which are roughly 0,65 Cents) I will probably re-purchase it so I can use it when I travel or need a stable and tested substitute when my skin is getting resistant towards a product I have used for a long time (I have alien skin… After a month or so a product can stop working for me and I need to switch to something else.) It is not a miracle product though. Once I have finished it up I will try the sparkling apple gift set from Skinfood.

Skinfood Royal Honey Hydro Cream - Besides the Royal Honey Gift set pack of 10 Skinfood Royal Honey Hydro Cream test-sachets went into my shopping cart as well. As the Royal Honey gift set is nice, but not breath-taking I figured I add the Royal Honey Hydro Cream to it after a week passed without any break outs to see whether it makes a huge difference.

What it´s said to do: 'A hydrating treatment cream with Royal black honey and Royal jelly extracts that replenishes moisture and transforms skin into a nice honey-glazed complexion.'



Alright, so what I did was that I used it as the last step of my morning skin care routine (presently using a koreanised skin care routine consisting of cleaning, toner, serum, emulsion, (sometimes) a gel, cream and a eye-cream on top. I take a small amount of everything and pat /massage it into the skin. This sounds very lengthy, but takes roughly 10 minutes.)
The sachet had just the right amount of cream for one use so thumbs up for that. It has a mild honey scent, nothing to wild for sensitive noses though. Unfortunately it  was just too rich for my skin! The “honey glazed” complexion rather turned out to be greasy for me. Even in this cold fall time. I recommend it for someone with very dry skin, but not really for someone with combination skin. Also I used it in the day time and would recommend you use it during night time.  I will give to rest of my samples away to someone with drier Skin.

I´d say: If you have dry skin it´s worth a try! 10 Sample sachets cost 2000 won (roughly 1,40 €) on testerkorea.com so it won´t break the bank.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen