About me

Mein Bild
Duesseldorf, NRW, Germany
Iam a German 40s/50s/60s Pin up Girl, Retro Addict and Weirdo. I love make up, to craft, do photoshootings and collect vintage clothes/ lingerie. In my blog you can read all about it, mashed up with my thoughts about fashion/styling.

Topics

Shooting (162) make up (83) photoshooting (82) 50s (80) review (77) fashion (71) memebox (50) 40s (49) releases (49) 60s (36) korean (36) Skin care (31) making of (31) diy (18) lifestyle (10) how to (9) modelling (8) hair styling (7) styling (7) 30s (6)

Mittwoch, 20. August 2014

Memebox Special #17 K-Style unboxed and with swatches


Hello everyone,
 
I received my Memebox Special #17 K-Style yesterday and as it includes only make up items I tried many of them this morning in order to let you know what I think so far :-)
 
First things short: Memebox is an amazing Korean Beauty Box which brings out monthly boxes and Specials with full size and deluxe size products as well as "Superboxes" which feature only full size items and Lucky Boxes which are sort of an "Best off" from past Memeboxes. If you are bored with your usual beauty boxes you should give Memebox a shot and get to know some cool new products and brands.

Memebox Special #17 K-Style costs 23 $ + 6,99 for shipping. You can check my blogs left side to see the most recent discounts in order to save money.



1. Bbia Pigment 1.8g (full size! Price 5$)
Product Description:
Glam up your eyes with jewel glitters with glides onto your eyelids smoothly with just enough pearly effect and, more than anything, lasts for all day and night! With Bbia's Pigment, it's possible to feature a glittery, real K-pop idol-like makeup in no time!

What I think;
I got number 3 which is a bronze colour with sparkles in it. When swatching the sparkles seemed way too big for me, but on my eyes it looks really really nice actually!

2. Awesome Aqua Radiance CC Cream 30ml (Full size! Price 29$)
Product Description:
This all-in-one CC cream offers everything from balancing out skin tome & texture, treating fine lines & wrinkles, maintaining the moisture/oil balance, and covering up skin imperfection! There's no need to worry about which shade it is, because it doesn't chance the skin tone but rather brings out your most naturally glowing complexion.

What I think:
Iam a bit surprised as it is the first CC Cream without SPF that I came across so far. That´s also why I have only swatched it for now and I am not 100% sure whether I will use it or give it away because I really appreciate an SPF in CC Creams. I guess I will try it a few times and if it is Awesome indeed I might keep it.


3. RiRe Luxe Auto Gel Eyeliner Champagne (full size! Price 14$)
Product Description
Waterproof, long-lasting, and smoothly applying, RiRe's Luxe Auto Gel Liner in Champagne works wonders for featuring the sweet baby pink daily makeup also highly popular amongst Korean ladies. It can be worn for work, dates, and even for a quick walk in the park with your dog.

What I think:
It is a beautiful color for the eye corners, but the pen seems a bit hard. I will try to warm up the tip and give it another try because the color is so georgous and I really really want it to work somehow. On the plus side: This seems to be smudgeproof!


4. RiRe Lux Auto Gel Liner Choco Brown (full size! 14$)
Product Description:
RiRe Liners in Champagne & ChocoBrown, Lip Glow,
Blusher, Bbiba Pigment and Aqua Radiance CC Cream
Waterproof, long-lasting, and smoothly applying, RiRe's Luxe Auto Gel Eyeliner in Choco Brown is the perfect shade for featuring the popular softened yet defined eye makeup that Koreans so enjoy! After all, it's about how natural your makeup looks but at the same time how far from natural it really is.
 
What I think:
This is the way I want a gel eyeliner to be. Buttery soft, well pigmented and smudgeproof!

5. A'PIEU Full of Nature Mascara (full size! 3$)
Product Description:
The mascara brush and the setting wax formula combine to elongate your eyelashes and fit it up for a lasting finish. Various grain, berry, and flower extracts also help maintain healthy lashes.
 
What I think:
I haven´t tried it yet as I still have other mascaras to use up. it is a very small tube though, which makes it nice for travelling.

6. Shara Shara Femininie Blusher (full size! Price 7$)
Product Description
Adorably cute and petite in its packaging, this blusher is extremely long-lasting with silica components which work to maintain your skin soft and silky. Plus, it's very easy to carry around and well be perfect for quick makeup fix-ups or finish-ups by adding some color and radiance to your pale cheeks.

What I think:
I got it in a cute pale orangish-coralish color. The packaging is so cute!!! The color however is very subtle, so you can´t really over dose the blusher. I can´t use it for photo shootings, but it is nice as an every day blusher.

7. Secret Key Sweet Glam Tint Glow 3.5g (full size! 24$)
Product Description
Secret Key's Sweet Glam Tint Glow is a moisturizing, long-wear lip tint for adding a radiance and natural glow to your dry, dulled-out lips. Also it comes in 3 different colors - lovely Baby Pink, flower petal-like Juicy Orange, and vibrant & sexy Puscia Purple.
 
What I think:
This is a very sheer lipstick with barely any color when you swatch it at first, but I felt it turned a little darker and more visible after a little while. If you want to go for an "barely there" look, this is the one for you :-) I received Juicy Orange and it actually looks really nice!

Altogether: This is a really nice box to put together a complete look! I highly recommend it for make up noobs who don´t have a lot of stuff already or have a hard time combining things for a full make up. All you´d need is a powder to complete the look.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen