About me

Mein Bild
Duesseldorf, NRW, Germany
Iam a German 40s/50s/60s Pin up Girl, Retro Addict and Weirdo. I love make up, to craft, do photoshootings and collect vintage clothes/ lingerie. In my blog you can read all about it, mashed up with my thoughts about fashion/styling.

Topics

Shooting (162) make up (83) photoshooting (82) 50s (80) review (77) fashion (71) memebox (50) 40s (49) releases (49) 60s (36) korean (36) Skin care (31) making of (31) diy (18) lifestyle (10) how to (9) modelling (8) hair styling (7) styling (7) 30s (6)

Donnerstag, 18. September 2014

Memebox Jackpot - 4th Place unboxing

Hello everyone,

the Memebox Jackpot Box sprayed a bit controversy among Meme Fans because it mostly contains items from boxes which were sold previously. However I was lucky because yes, it contained things from boxes, but it was boxes which I hadn´t bought. I figured that I can´t lose in this and so I jumped right into this and bought a box as soon as it was released! The box costed 32 $ plus 6,99$ shipping and there were 9 variations of the box which you´d receive by chance. I got 4th place and I am really really happy with it. It´s 14 (!!!) items. I copied the description from the memebox site and will tell you what I think:

The Jackpot contents filled two regular Memeboxes!

1. COTTERANG Bubble Peeling Pad 16ml*1ea ($7)
This is an exfoliating pad enriched with natural AHA components, various plant extracts, and fermented extracts which work to easily yet very effectively remove dead skin cells and excess sebum off your face. This Bubble Peeling Pad was made so that you could experience the same peeling effects at home as you would with expensive treatments at dermatology.

HOW TO USE
Moisten the peeling pad with water, create enough foam, and place your fingers on the band. Gently and evenly rub onto your face (be careful the foam doesn’t go into your eyes) and then rinse off with warm water. After use, apply a soothing, moisturizing product.

What I think:
Presently I am totally on a AHA and fermented extracts route so this sounds so much fun to try! It is only a pitty I have only one of those.

2. KANG SKIN Aqua Essence 30ml ($72)
Kang Skin’s Aqua Essence bases its formula on hyaluronic acid which is widely known for its intensively moisturizing and soothing properties. It maintains the skin soft and supple by treating excessive dead skin cells and delivering abundant nutrition deep into the skin.

HOW TO USE
Apply the essence over dry areas of your face and pat it in for full absorbance. Suitable to be used both day and night.

What I think:
With the upcoming fall and winter I can need all the moisture I can get, so I will keep it in my stash until than :-) I heard Kang Skin is a very good brand, so I´ll see whether it lives up to the claim.

3. RAMOSU Carestory Collagen Extract 100 10ml ($36)
Infused with over 17 different amino acids, this 100% concentrated Collagen Ampoule will deliver intense hydration and facilitate cell regeneration for more supple and firmed up baby-skin. Also, it doesn’t smell or feel sticky like your average collagen products, and instead it glides onto the skin refreshingly. Experience the wonders of the real Collagen Ampoule currently being used in Korean aesthetic beauty salons!

HOW TO USE
After skin application, take a couple of drops of the ampoule and apply it evenly over your face. Gently pat it in for full absorbance.

What I think:
This is another product for my winter stash! I am intrigued by the 17 different amino acids. That sure sounds effective, doesn´t it :-) And who doesn´t want baby skin?

4. EVAS Vitamin Sun Cream SPF38 PA++ 50ml ($11)
A smart vitamin-rich Sun Cream which guarantees UV protection, wrinkle care and skin brightening effects all in one! This gentle sun care product spreads smoothly onto the skin and absorbs quickly without being sticky at all.

HOW TO USE
Take an adequate amount on your hands and apply it evenly over your face.

What I think:
Vitamin is allways a big plus in my book and I use sun screen all year round (ok, often I am lazy and just depend on the SPF in my BB and CC Creams, but on sunny days I allways protect my arms). This will get good use once I used up the cream I use at the moment

My treasures....
5. IOPE Lip & Cheek 01 Rose Pink 4g ($42)
A dual item for both lips and cheeks, this rosy lip & cheek stein comes in a neat, compact packaging with a mirror as well. Blend it into your lips and cheeks to add more color and radiance to your overall complexion.

HOW TO USE
Use your finger to softly dab it onto either your lips or cheeks and blend it in for a natural rosy look.

What I think:
I glanced into the compact and it is a beautiful color. While I wish I had gotten the Iope cushion instead, I am sure I will find good use for it. I have a soft spot for cream blush so it is nice to get another one for my collection. I had been hoping for some Iope items and most boxes had some so I am happy to try them.

6. IOPE Essential Facial Oil 30ml ($90)
This thickly spreading yet quickly absorbing facial oil creates a thin, protective layer over the skin for a softer, smoother skin texture. Organic argan oil and macadamia oil contained also deliver deep nourishment and hydration to the skin.

HOW TO USE
After essence application, take 2 drops of the essential oil on your hands and gently spread it over your face, pressing on to facilitate full absorbance.

What I think:
Iam not sure whether putting oil on my face won´t be too, well, oily. I will use it if I get really, really dry this winter, otherwise it will go to my dry-skinned Mom.

7. AMINI Vitamin Shower Body Soap Bar 120g ($12)
Amini is a brand that emphasizes ‘enjoyment of natural affluence’ within reasonable prices and strives to provide health-beneficial beauty products with only the best and natural formula. This Body Soap Bar works to rejuvenate the skin with its gentle and replenishing formula consisting of vitamin-rich rosehip, lavender, and peppermint oils.

HOW TO USE
Lather the soap bar with water to create enough foams and gently massage it onto your face. Cleanse thoroughly with your fingers and rinse off with warm water.

What I think:
Based on the explaination I am not sure whether it is a Body or face soap. I have many face soaps already, so I will use it for my body :-) Presently I use the vitamin Wash from the Memebox Tropical, once this one is gone I will start with the soap bar.

8. TOSOWOONG Time Shift Skin Toner 120ml ($34)
This Time Shift Skin Toner is enriched with nutrition-rich fermented extracts, galactomyces ferments, snail mucus extracts, bifida ferments, and various plant oils. It works to soothe and deeply moisturize the skin by creating a protective layer on top. Basically, this toner will fill your skin with intense hydration for a water-ful, glowing complexion!

HOW TO USE
After cleansing, apply the toner generously over your face and pat it in for full absorbance.

What I think:
I really really hoped for the toner because I have the First essence from this brand and I think it totally rocks! One of the reasons I bought the Jackpot Box was that I hoped to get one with this toner. I figured it is cheaper to play by chance and have high chances of getting it than to buy if straight from ebay. Time Shift First Essence is a fabulous essence with fermented extracts that moisturizes my skin so nicely and makes it smooth so I can´t wait to use this toner with it. I think I will start.... tomorrow :-)


9. LUNA Wonder Essential BB Founde SPF25 PA++ miniature
Randomly selected from #21 Nudy Beige, #23 Natural BeigeThe Wonder Essential BB Fonde thinly coats over your face, offering a natural coverage and delivering rich vitamin and minerals deep down into the skin. The light texture of leaves the skin silky smooth and glowing with a natural radiance.


HOW TO USEPump out 2~3 times and use a puff or your hands to spread it evenly over your face, making sure to pat it in for full absorbance.

What I think:
I had this BB Cream before and wasn´t a big fan because it is really sheer. Back in the day I gave one to my Mom and she made no remark of particularily liking it so it will go up for trade.

10. DAVI Le Grande Cru Cream 7ml miniature 
Memebox launched a premium miniature of Davi’s famous Le Grande Cru Cream for those of you wanting a trial item before purchasing the full sized product. This cream is extremely rich in texture and works to give deep nourishment and hydration to the skin, while treating signs of aging by tightening and firming up the skin’s natural elasticity.

HOW TO USEApply the cream at the end of your regular skincare routine.

What I think:
I never heard about this cream before, but it is a nice travel size. I will give it a try as a night cream. After some googling I found out that it is a super expensive creme (like 190$ expensive) with grapes and fermented increiences. Neat! That would make it the most expensive thing I evr used.

11. T.P.O No-Wash Toner Sheet 30 pieces ($14)
T.P.O’s toner sheet is perfect for quick makeup fix-ups, for removing makeup residues, or even for refreshing and moisturizing dry skin throughout the day. There’s no need for double cleansing with this item because it’ll quickly and easily cleanse away any skin impurities with just a single swipe.

HOW TO USETake out a sheet and gently wipe it across your face. There’s no need to rinse off afterwards.

What I think:
I allways do double cleaning. Actualy even sort of triple (I remove the make up with Garnier Micellaire Water, than I cleanse with my Balea Oil Clenaser, than I cleanse with a cleansing foam). I will try the sheets, but I feel a bit sceptical. But that´s the fun part about Memebox - you step out of your comfort zone and try something new.

12. HAIR+ Velvet Nutri-Injection 12ml ($5)
For all those damaged hairs out there, the Velvet Nutri-Injection is here to save the day! There’s absolutely no need to rinse after application. Simply apply it throughout your hair, especially the damaged ends, after towel drying, and experience results of a hair clinic program!

HOW TO USESqueeze out the treatment and massage it into your hair thoroughly.

What I think:
Yay for leave in treatments! I prefer them to wash out ones. 


13. SULLOC Water+ 7.8g ($6)
Randomly selected from Happy Sweet, Lemon Lime, Cherry Punch, Red Cafe
The Sulloc Water+ contains 180mg of catechins which are potent antioxidants most active in green tea, 2.5mg of pantothenic acid, and an antioxidant level equivalent to 12 full tomatoes. Feel lighter, younger, and more vital with what Water+ has to offer!


HOW TO USEDrop 1 into a glass of water, mix well, and drink. It is best recommended to drink 3 times a day for best results.

What I think:
I am a bit meh about this. It is not really something I would die to get my fingers on, but I am sure I will drink it at some point. I don´t expect to feel lighter, younger or to develop any super powers drinking this three times, but it´s nice to have something when you´re out of yummy drinks.

14. SHARPELAN CARE Perfume Lily & Lilac 90ml ($4)
Infused with lovely spring breeze-like lily and liliac fragrances, this perfume mist can be used over clothing, curtains, bed sheets, and car seats for refreshing up the scent and for antistatic purposes.

HOW TO USESpray the Perfume generously over areas you wish to freshen up. 

What I think:
Cool, not necessarily something I would have bought on it´s own, it does smell nice :-)

Altogether: I have no regrets that I took the chance as I got a wonderfull box. There are items I wouldn´t have bought on my own, but that´s the fun thing about Memebox - I get to try new and unexpected stuff.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen