About me

Mein Bild
Duesseldorf, NRW, Germany
Iam a German 40s/50s/60s Pin up Girl, Retro Addict and Weirdo. I love make up, to craft, do photoshootings and collect vintage clothes/ lingerie. In my blog you can read all about it, mashed up with my thoughts about fashion/styling.

Topics

Shooting (162) make up (83) photoshooting (82) 50s (80) review (77) fashion (71) memebox (50) 40s (49) releases (49) 60s (36) korean (36) Skin care (31) making of (31) diy (18) lifestyle (10) how to (9) modelling (8) hair styling (7) styling (7) 30s (6)

Mittwoch, 15. Oktober 2014

Memebox Special #32 OMG 2 - unboxing

Hello everyone,

The Memebox Special OMG 2 was up for sale before OMG 1 was shipped, so I couldn´t resists it´s siren call with the promise of weirdness. I have to tell in advance that I missed out on OMG 3 because while OMG 1 was a nice box it wasn´t as weird as I had hoped. But OMG 2 upped their game and now I regret that I skipped OMG 3. However I can promise you that OMG 4 will be back on my blog (and I keep eyes open for a OMG 3 restock). OMG, that´s a lot of OMG here :-D This time I took a while to post, because I started to test two of it´s beautifully weird items straight away ;-)

The Memebox Special OMG boxes retail for 29$ plus 6,99 shipping (but you can save money if using coupons and points, the most recent discount you may find here on my blog on the left side) and has the promise of weird and wacky products on their feet. And the best of all... The upcoming OMG 4 is still available to buy while I post this!  OMG 1 had nice stuff but nothing shocking so I wasn´t too sure what to make of it yet.... Ladies and Gentlemen, I reveal OMG 2:
contents



1. Cristallin Cellulose Mask x 2 (full size! Price 10$)
Product Description:
Those concentrated cellulose sheet masks encouragethe skin´s natural recovery function by providing a rich infusion of nutrition to help improve skin´s clarity and elasticity. Plus, the jelly-like texture feels like an octopus wrapped around your face.

What I think:
Which women has never dreamt about wrapping an octopus around her face? Oh, I see some hands are raising ;-) Sounds like a nice mask and nice masks are, as you should know by now, a big plus. I am really tempted to try this, though they probably exaggerate with the octopus part.

2. Ladykin Vampire Dark Repair Cream  50 ml (full size! Price 50$)
Product description:
This Vampire Dark Repair Cream is a clinically proven skin brightener that restores luminosity, corrects weak moisture barriers and protects skin from future discolorations. This moisturizer with melanin inhibiting green tea extracts visibly helps to dimish dark spots and discolorations while restoring clarity and brightness to dull, uneven skin. It also has anti aging properties to enhance the look of skin by reducing the look of fine lines and wrinkles.

What I think:
It sounds like a very nice cream, but the only OMG factor is the name. Granted I will find use for it, but it doesn´t sound like super odd incredients.

taken out of the packaging!
3. Milky Dress Bohr-Effect Carboxy Gel 1 Set (full size! Price 24$)
Product Description:
Turn back the clock with this Bohr-effect Carboxy Gel! This 2 step facial mask cleans deep into pores to extract pore-clogging bacteria and firms and lightens sagging skin. The result: Facial contours appear sculpted and newly defined, lines and wrikles look nicely smoothed and skin is moisturized to perfection. Over time skin´s strength, resilancy and volume appear renewed and volume appear renewed and you´ll see a remarkably younger and revitatlized look.

What I think:
OMG, I have no idea what the Bohr-effect exactly is. I think I heard about it before, but I will have to google that later (best: after I used this stuff). Let´s revitalize my face with SCIENCE. Now this is really something more on terms of "OMG, I have no idea what this is, but I want to try it!"

4. Priori Aroma AC Moisture Mist 100ml (full size! Price: 24$)
Product Description:
Enriched with bee venom, propolis, sophors roots, balloon flower roots and Multi Ex Magnotics, the Aroma AC Moisture Gel Mist helps soothe and treat skin troubles and blemishes. The lavender aroma essential oil is also infused for soothing and purifying both your skin and soul.

What I think:
I know bee venom and have good experiences with it, but the rest of the incrediences are something I never heard of (except for the lavender off course). OMG SCORE! I tested it over the course of a week and I really like the fragrance, what I don´t like: The spray is not really a fine mist, it´s more a UPINYOUR FACE experience than a soft breeze of liquid. Even if I hold it very far away it´s a LOT of liquid ending up on my face.

5. Seatree Syn-Ake Total Solution 100ml (full sicze! Price: 19$)
Product Description:
Seatree Syn-Ake Total Solution contains youth-preserving incredients, such as Syn-Ake peptides, similar in composition to snake venom, and hyalaluronic acid to help deliver targeted repair - as needed, where needed. Recommended for all skin types, ages and ethnicities is visibly addresses uneven skintone, lines, and wrinkles for visably firmer, more radiant and more supple skin.

What I think:
Hurray for Syn Ake, another weird and magic incredient that I have learned to love! Memebox is really stepping up their game! I am not quiet sure whether this is a emulsion or a toner but I will try and see once I used up some other stuff.

6. Haruen Dorothy Haruen (full size! Price 26$)
Product Description:
This volcanic rollerball absorbs excess oil, greaseabnd other blackhead and acne inducers just by rolling is across your skin. Made with 100% volcanic rock this mattifier controls oil and eliminate excess sebum and shine for a fresh look and longer lasting make up application.

What I think:
YES! This is another true OMG item. I never even knew this exists! I usually get oily in my face around mid day and have to blot and spritz my face with mist (I always mist after blotting cause I heard that the oil is trying to replace moisture that is missing so it sort of makes sense to me to try and replace the oil with some good stuff instead). Now I have a fancy new toy to use for this occasion. :-) And after a week of trying: It is really nice actually! I carry it in my handbag and reach for it whenever I feel a little oily. However you may want to clean it after a few days  cause it forms a layer of powder and foundation over the course of time. I cleaned one side with a micelle water and switched to the other side (cause it has two sides to use!) for the time being so it has time to dry.

Altogether:
Memebox learned from the past box which was cool, but not necessarily OMG and threw in more of the exotic stuff. The Celullose mask and the Vampire Repair Cream are not super OMG but nice to have. The other things score with special incredients such as bee venom, carboxy and syn-ake and than there is the odd volcanic roller which will become my best friend forever :-) I regret that I didn´t get OMG 3. Please restock Memebox Team!!! I am looking forward to my OMG 4.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen