About me

Mein Bild
Duesseldorf, NRW, Germany
Iam a German 40s/50s/60s Pin up Girl, Retro Addict and Weirdo. I love make up, to craft, do photoshootings and collect vintage clothes/ lingerie. In my blog you can read all about it, mashed up with my thoughts about fashion/styling.

Topics

Shooting (162) make up (83) photoshooting (82) 50s (80) review (77) fashion (71) memebox (50) 40s (49) releases (49) 60s (36) korean (36) Skin care (31) making of (31) diy (18) lifestyle (10) how to (9) modelling (8) hair styling (7) styling (7) 30s (6)

Mittwoch, 3. Dezember 2014

Memebox Special #55 OMG 4

Hello everyone,

As you may remember (or not) I took a break for Memebox OMG 3 and joined for OMG 4 again based on the promise that it´ll be really, really OMG worthy products.... So let´s see how this turned out...

Memebox Specials are mostly between 23 and 29 $ plus 6,99 $ Shipping. However presently the Specials are rather sparse. Here´s hoping there will be new boxes next year. However, for the time beeing I still have many boxes in the pipeline and, off course lots of things to use up :-)

So let´s see what we´re having here...



 
1. Nadu Ski The First Love Pack (full size, 6$)
Product Description:
Here´s to a truely OMG product in the history of Memebox - specially designed mask packs for a female´s and male´s Y-zone (definately not for facial use!!) - to be used to moisture and treat the most sensitive yet uncared part of the body. They´re formulated with lavender flower water and various mosturizing nutrients and each designed to perfectly fit female and male body.

What I think:
Actually I need a mask for my Y-zone like a fish needs a bicycle. You got to admit that this is really an OMG product though and more creative than the tampos we received in an earlier global box. I was spared the rose fragranced intimate wash that was popping up in an earlier Superbox. I can´t help but think that my first love experience would have been even more awkward if I had handed him a mask for his Y-zone.

2. Pureplus+ Cocoon Returning Toner 200ml (full size! price 18$)
Product description:
Replenish, control excess sebum, remove dead skin cells and impurities and brighten up dulled complexion with this returning toner packed with cocoon extracts, witch hazel and various vitamins to make your face look and feel younger.

What I think:
This sounds like a very interesting toner. I haven´t tried anything cocoon based yet and I sure can need things to get rid of sebum, impurities and dead skin cells in favour for younger looking skin :-) Presently I use the Benton Aloe and the Benton Snail Bee Toner, but once those are used up this baby is getting a try.

3. Abalone Crystal Double EX Cream 50ml (full size! Price: 78$)
Product Description:
This Abalone Crystal Double EX Cream is concentrated with fermented Abalone, balck bean extract and watermelon extract to deliver a cosmic blast of skin care benefits. Fresh "abalones" from the Southern Coast of Korea are highly recognized as the King of Shellfish with their mucin containing abundant minerals, proteins, amino acids and essential fatty acids to provide remarkable skin revitalizing, wrinkle reducing, skin brightening and hydrating benefits. It also soothes irritated skin and anhances the skin´s elasticity to deliver visible anti-aging results with each use.

What I think:
A fermented shellfish cream!!! How awesome it this? ok, my first reaction was to take a sniff and if you wonder: It smells like Nivea Cream :-) It looks like a rather thickish cream, but I am so thrilled about putting fish on my face that this is waaaaaay up on my cream list. Maybe it is even the next cream I will use after using up my recent cream (I think the recent one wil hold up for a few more days - maximum a week, than it´s Abalone time!!!). 78$ is a very high price and the packaging looks soooooooo fancy. I am potencially in love!

4. Shara Shara Secret Magic Lipstick (full size, Price 8$)
Product Description:
A secret, color-transforming lipstick which offers a highly pigmented radiance, a long-lasting adherance and a moisture lock in all in one single swipe. Experience how it magically changes its shade according to the temperature of your lips! It´s gentle formula is enriched with Avocado oil and topopheryl acetate which effectively protects lips from dehydration.

What I think:
Memebox knows me well. Only two weeks before I was eyeing a mood lipstick of the same principle. I got the Sky to Pop Pink one and it is really cutesy pink on my lips. I didn´t experience any discoloration, I mention this because many fellow memeboxers got their green one turned to a dirty brownish-green color which was not so pretty.

5. Dr. MJ Moisture Bounce Aqua Memory BB SPF30PA++ 45g (full size! Price 46$)
Product Description:
Yes we´ve been through a BB cream, but what about a bouncy, jelly like BB packaged in a bottle and scooping using a spatula like any other face cream? Dr. MJ Moisture Bounce Aqua Memory BB adheres tightly onto skin with it´s cushiony texture and offers wrinkle care, UV protection and skin brightening effect as well.

What I think:
I tried the BB Cream on my hand and it isn´t jelly like at all. I tried it this morning and it is super-moisturizing - but also super-dewy so you have to powder it generously ;-) The color is nice, the consistency is like any other BB Cream I have and the coverage is nice, but not too heavy. Altogether I will certainly get use out of it and highly recommend it for winter time :-)
 
6. Purebess Hot Styling Hair Fixer (full size! Price 16$)
Product Description:
No it´s not a hair spray or a wax gel cream. It´s a hair fixer that you can apply multiple times consecutively because the formula is a non-sticky and lightweight formula and it´s shaped in an easy to use mascara-like package! Simply wipe away to fix up and style any loose loose hair for that perfect stewardess look.
 
What I think:
I don´t have any fly aways so this is not a product I can actually use. I might give it away, no idea to whom though :-)
 
Altogether:
This has some great items (Abalone Cream!), something awkwardly hilarious (First Love Mask) and something completely useless (Hot Styling fixer). The lipstick is fun to play with and the BB cream is solid quality. I have yet to try the cocoon toner and actually feel excited about it. I don´t regret buying this and so far I allways liked the OMG boxes eventhough not all OMGed the heck out of me :-D
 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen