About me

Mein Bild
Duesseldorf, NRW, Germany
Iam a German 40s/50s/60s Pin up Girl, Retro Addict and Weirdo. I love make up, to craft, do photoshootings and collect vintage clothes/ lingerie. In my blog you can read all about it, mashed up with my thoughts about fashion/styling.

Topics

Shooting (158) 50s (80) photoshooting (79) fashion (71) make up (66) 40s (49) releases (48) 60s (36) review (36) making of (31) diy (18) lifestyle (10) how to (9) hair styling (7) modelling (7) styling (7) 30s (6) Skin care (1)

Sonntag, 17. Mai 2009

Jet Lag

Hi everyone,

finally a sort of real entry from me ;-)

It was really really nice to "come home" to Sweden. Since I was a teenager I regulary went there - however interupted by a absence of 3 years or so after I broke up with the swedish boyfriend I had during that time (you don´t really want to run into the guy that dropped you like a hot potatoe and it really isn´t that easy to find a cheap place to stay all by yourself).

We went shoping a lot (both in the "town" and in the vintage stores that are mostly located in Södermalm), went to Skansen which is a georgous open air museum, took a tour around the castle and much more that you will see when the video-editing is done. So watch out in the coming weeks for my Pin up Travel Guide series. It´s not only nice if you actually plan to go to Sweden - maybe I can convince you that it is THE place to go and make you madly fall in love with Stockholm just like Iam (and than we start a vintage business over there together and live in Pipi Longstockings mansion or something like that;-)

However let me tell you a thing or so about the TV: It sucks when it is "Knight Rider Week". I never even watched a episode back in the 80s and I don´t care about new episodes either. VIP with Pamela Anderson is probably the most stupid series ever and I´m not surprised I never saw it before.
Also be carefull wether your animal docu really is one - or a hunting video. Why do I tell you that? It was a nice morning, me and John just had breakfast and while switching through the channels we found a docu which we supposed was about nordic animals. A cute little wild pig came off the forrest and ate some gras. While we were going "Awwwwwwww" cause it was such a cute little piggie suddenly we heard the BANG of a riffle, little piggie fell over and panically moved it´s legs in the air while dying. You should have seen our shocked faces!!! So: Make sure that the docu you watch for breakfast really is a docu on animals - not hunting. Otherwise you loose appetite quickly.

Another thing to be carefull about: The yummy cinemon-rolls that you can get with a coffee for 20 crown (a bit less than 2 Euros). They are evil. Cause you can´t stop eating. Every morning John got himself a coffee and I ate the kannelbullar as it is called there. So much about eating healthy ;-) But next week I´ll go back to my normal eating schemes again. It is good luck that I didn´t regognize how yummy the cakes named Cardemumm Dreams are until the last day ;-)

So: TV so-so, cakes and rolls yummy, weather ok in general, fun: enormous...

P.s.: Anyone else thinking it sucks that you basically hardly saw anything of Ditas performance at the ESC. I watched the whole darn thing just to see what she´d come up with!!! Stupid russian TV!

P.p.s: Someone of myspace commented on my trailer that this would have been the most pointless and worst video she saw in a long time. Why bother commenting when you hate something? After all does everything have to have a point? I don´t think so. After all I do all my videos for the fun of it and to entertain those that watch them,

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen