About me

Mein Bild
Duesseldorf, NRW, Germany
Iam a German 40s/50s/60s Pin up Girl, Retro Addict and Weirdo. I love make up, to craft, do photoshootings and collect vintage clothes/ lingerie. In my blog you can read all about it, mashed up with my thoughts about fashion/styling.

Topics

Shooting (158) 50s (80) photoshooting (79) fashion (71) make up (66) 40s (49) releases (48) 60s (36) review (36) making of (31) diy (18) lifestyle (10) how to (9) hair styling (7) modelling (7) styling (7) 30s (6) Skin care (1)

Sonntag, 2. Januar 2011

Making cute things with a naughty material

Hi everyone,

I hope you arrived in 2011 in a fantastic way. Every year is exiting cause we do not know what lies ahead. I hope to get more things done than last year. I´m tired of working, getting home and than doing nothing. I wanna do more crafty stuff for my shootings. And I just started with it. With a new material to match!

Latex is a material mostly associated with dominas, women in gasmasks and a kinky lifestyle by the mainstream. However what is not taken into consideration: It is a damn good looking material, relatively easy to use and you can do cute things with it!



I bought this Latex Mini Skirt on ebay for a few bucks with the idea of making a cute and quirky girdle out of it! You can really make a bargain with those. In fact I bought a second one for 11 € including shipping to make one more!


Everything looks cuter with ruffles and hearts. I know the glue is supposed to be transparent before you stick the pieces together, but I was impatient!!!! Next time I will be a good girl cause the liquid glue can make ugly marks on the shiny material. I learned it the hard way! Note how I found an additional use for the hairclips with that I usually pin curl my hair!


I carefully marked the hem with a gel pen to glue my dried ruffles there in the most possible even way...
Tada!!! Now I will just need to make a top to go with it and add the suspenders! Ignore the glue marks on the finished result. If anyone knows a good way to get rid of the marks let me know! I already tried alcohole and water. This is the second latex piece I ever made and I will be doing a shooting with it hopefully soon!!!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen