About me

Mein Bild
Duesseldorf, NRW, Germany
Iam a German 40s/50s/60s Pin up Girl, Retro Addict and Weirdo. I love make up, to craft, do photoshootings and collect vintage clothes/ lingerie. In my blog you can read all about it, mashed up with my thoughts about fashion/styling.

Topics

Shooting (158) 50s (80) photoshooting (79) fashion (71) make up (66) 40s (49) releases (48) 60s (36) review (36) making of (31) diy (18) lifestyle (10) how to (9) hair styling (7) modelling (7) styling (7) 30s (6) Skin care (1)

Freitag, 23. Januar 2009

It´s B-day

Hi everyone!

so today is the anniversary of this fatefull day of my appearance. 28 years ago I did the first and last try of acting like a diva - with letting them wait for me for more than 12 hours (though everytime my Mom tells the story it seems that it took longer and longer;-)

This morning we went to have breakfast at Starbucks, I unpacked the gifts my aunt and Mom sended to me (lovely, lovely gifts if I may add that. It really pays of to have a wishlist on amazon just in case you don´t have one yet).

Now I´m allowed to hang out at the computer all day if I want that, but I have that georgous book on how to construct vintage corsets with beautifull close ups laying on my gift-table and the Schiffer book on mid 30s fashions which are smiling on me and just want to be flipped through as well as the lovely DVDs that I want to check out real bad (1rst season of "The Munsters", First Season of "Extras" and the movie "Ed Wood" with Johnny Depp). Indeed I have a hard choice on what to do actually. I guess a nice bubble bath with my new books at hand would be a good start ;-)

I´m strongly addicted to playing "Medieval Empire" on Facebook right now and if you sign up you save one squarefeet of the rain-forrest. If anyone of you is interested in joining there to save the rainforrest and become one of my allies let me know and I´ll invite you there! As a German I want to take over whole Europe off course - no pun inteded ;-)

John is a guy that enjoys doing his exercise videos and he tries to make me do them too cause "that´s good for your health and you´ll live longer!!!". However I´m from  long-lived family (my great-grandmother became 99 years old without any exercise videos) and doing weird exercise videos somehow collides totally with my lifestyle. However I found that and it actually looks fun and not hard to do so I ordered it...



Some videos of it that actually convinced me it is not a stressy jump around and sweat to death business in horrible neon-training clothes that will hurt my sense of beauty...





I´m a totally uncoordinated person and John gets laughing fits whenever I try to move sexy, but I think I could handle those and actually HAVE FUN doing so! :-) Now I usually dance and sing around while John is at work anyway, so why not do that with Dolphina as company? ;-)

I´ll let you know if the DVD is worth it and fun once I got it. I´ve been looking for other videos, too, but this one seems to be the most fun one and with the biggest eye-candy factor (Dolphina looks damn cute and seems a fun person, don´t you think?)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen