About me

Mein Bild
Duesseldorf, NRW, Germany
Iam a German 40s/50s/60s Pin up Girl, Retro Addict and Weirdo. I love make up, to craft, do photoshootings and collect vintage clothes/ lingerie. In my blog you can read all about it, mashed up with my thoughts about fashion/styling.

Topics

Shooting (158) 50s (80) photoshooting (79) fashion (71) make up (66) 40s (49) releases (48) 60s (36) review (36) making of (31) diy (18) lifestyle (10) how to (9) hair styling (7) modelling (7) styling (7) 30s (6) Skin care (1)

Sonntag, 15. Februar 2009

Can that be???

So yesterday I applied for a modelling thingie via mail again and in order to do it correctly I re-took my meassures (I do that more or less regulary so i don´t provide wrong infos and I don´t have a weight scale so I can never tell wether I lost or gained weight otherwise). To my surprise it really seems that hula-hooping every evening seems to have an extreme effect. I lost 2 cm around the bust, 3 around the hips and stunning 5 (!!!) cm around the waist. Ok, I had noticed that I have a little less of a belly now, but this was unexpected. Off course it is not just the hula hoop. I try to eat healthier altogether right now with smaller portions of my main dish and big portions of salad to go with it and only occassionally rice and pasta. As I don´t have time and nerve to stand around in the kittchen every day for hours I mostly take frozen fish and chicken dishes and only do the salad freshly. (we all know that if you are a working-lady you don´t really have time to follow diet-plans with 3 cooked and complicated dishes a day and preparing a lot of stuff before you get to work, right?)



This is the result of only two weeks! Now I know why the ladies in the 50s had so extreme waists. It wasn´t only the foundation wear I guess. It was the effect of the hula hoop ;-)  I´m glad that I lose less on the chest and the butt so I can keep that hourglass. On the other side I just don´t get into rope jumping. The damn rope allways gets caught somewere.

Oh and I finally got the Burlesque Cardio DVD. After I got it to work on my German DVD-drive I have watched it and tried to do it halfway-through on another day. It is really not bad! I liked the strutting part a lot though I felt so damn damn silly cause my apartment is a bit small for strutting around a lot. I´ll do the DVD more often in order to learn to move more sexy for sure, but for real deal training I stick with the hula hoop. While Dolphina is surely a delight to watch at and the routines are fun I´m not really a DVD-training person I guess.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen