About me

Mein Bild
Duesseldorf, NRW, Germany
Iam a German 40s/50s/60s Pin up Girl, Retro Addict and Weirdo. I love make up, to craft, do photoshootings and collect vintage clothes/ lingerie. In my blog you can read all about it, mashed up with my thoughts about fashion/styling.

Topics

Shooting (158) 50s (80) photoshooting (79) fashion (71) make up (66) 40s (49) releases (48) 60s (36) review (36) making of (31) diy (18) lifestyle (10) how to (9) hair styling (7) modelling (7) styling (7) 30s (6) Skin care (1)

Sonntag, 7. Juni 2009

Shooting Preparation

you wouldn´t believe how much work goes into organizing a shooting.

First of all there is a main idea that comes to my mind. It can happen on any occassion. While I flip through a book, when I go shopping and see a cool prop, when I take a walk, when I drive to work. Anytime.

Step 2 is to find a photographer that finds the idea interesting and that I think to be right for the project. We brainstorm, he adds his ideas to mine and the real work begins.

I go through all my stuff and see what I actually have and test-wear it to see wether it still fits and has not gotten too big or small meanwhile. Than I start to think about all the things that I´ll need to give it that little extra-touch. The props, acessoires, additional clothes, will I need jewelry? It results in hours of browsing ebay and stores to find the best bargains and maybe even more inspirations. Some things I´ll even make myself if needed.

When I do something unusual for me I´ll also have to do a test-make up to see wether it will actually look good and to see how I manage and some playing with the hair. Sometimes I even research the internet to collect inspiration for hair make up and poses.

You see there is a lot to do. I don´t just go to a shooting and smile into the camera ;-) And right now I´m in the middle of organizing another fun and partially unusual shooting. You´ll be very surprised... I can´t tell you how long you´ll have to wait though as we still have to fix a date. But you still have the housewife-photos to look forward to at the moment...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen