About me

Mein Bild
Duesseldorf, NRW, Germany
Iam a German 40s/50s/60s Pin up Girl, Retro Addict and Weirdo. I love make up, to craft, do photoshootings and collect vintage clothes/ lingerie. In my blog you can read all about it, mashed up with my thoughts about fashion/styling.

Topics

Shooting (158) 50s (80) photoshooting (79) fashion (71) make up (66) 40s (49) releases (48) 60s (36) review (36) making of (31) diy (18) lifestyle (10) how to (9) hair styling (7) modelling (7) styling (7) 30s (6) Skin care (1)

Samstag, 30. Oktober 2010

The endless search or a perfect foundation

Hi everyone,

what I really hate about moste pale foundations is that they are designed for a skin with rosy undertones - something that my skin is totally lacking. If someone would ask me to describe my skin tone I´d say it´s an ghoulish olive. So, yes, many foundations make me look like Miss Piggy.
So I was standing there at the counter of L´Oreal Studio Secrets Professional starring at the high definition smoothing foundation and I checked the colours. To my absolute delight I found out that they do it all in two versions, a rosy and a golden one. So I took the colour gold porcelain along with me. I also looked at the fixing powder, but decided not to get it this time around. A good decision as later on I read in the internet that baby powder does the same job and has the same incredients, so I bought baby powder instead which is like 13 € cheaper and has waaaaayyy more content (it is hard to dose though, but I take the risk).





So how happy am I with the LÓreal Studio Secrets Foundation? Here´s my review: I tested it over the whole week and it looks really really good. The foundation has a brush attached to it, so you have to pump the foundation out and apply it to your face with the brush. I apply it in circular motions and really get into every corner with my face. Than I pad it with my fingers (just to make sure there are really no brush strokes visible on my face) and put the powder on it. I have a mixed skin and it stays on all day really. The coverage is ok. I need only a little bit of concealer with it, so that is fab. So I would really recommend it. Howver keep in mind that you will have to clean the brush once in a while!


Í´m having it on on this picture, acompanied by Penatens Baby Powder
Eyeshadow: Nyx Orange Pearl, Nyx Nude Pearl
Blush: Alverde Peach
Lipstick: P2 Via Montenapoleone
Nailpolish: P2 Flamboyant

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen