About me

Mein Bild
Duesseldorf, NRW, Germany
Iam a German 40s/50s/60s Pin up Girl, Retro Addict and Weirdo. I love make up, to craft, do photoshootings and collect vintage clothes/ lingerie. In my blog you can read all about it, mashed up with my thoughts about fashion/styling.

Topics

Shooting (158) 50s (80) photoshooting (79) fashion (71) make up (66) 40s (49) releases (48) 60s (36) review (36) making of (31) diy (18) lifestyle (10) how to (9) hair styling (7) modelling (7) styling (7) 30s (6) Skin care (1)

Samstag, 17. September 2011

"Style me Vintage Make up" Book Review

Hello everyone,

as I was unable to find a book review of "Style me Vintage Make-up - Easy step-by-step techniques for creating classic looks" I figured I take the chance, order it and write my own :-)

As you might remember the hair edition was just so-so for me cause I felt that a lot of it was pure guess work for the onetryingto achieve a styling. The make up book turned out way better in this regard!!! The only make up were I feel a bit left alone was the Clara Bow look because you never see the eyes shut so it is guess work. Everything else is very very well-explained this time!!!!

Here a few pictures of the book to give you an idea....





Pretty pictures and layout... I chose to try the Twiggy style (it is the one on the cover picture)... and make it Tiki. It was a verrrrrry good excuse to use my suer cute Sophisticated Lady bracelet with loooots of fruits... You can decorate Tiki Mugs with it, too. If you like it here´s the Sophisticated Lady Online Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SophisticatedFlowers :-D Considering this was the first time I tried to do this look it turned out ok! NExt time will be better. Sadly my eyes are so huge, you don´t see A LOT of the eye make up *lol*






P.s: Checked my statistics for today and they were very high for a day were I didn´t even post something until now..... Than I saw that most came from the same link. Thanks to Mistral for posting about me in the www.bym.de Forum AND writing nice things about me. It has not gone unnoticed and I apreciate it a lot :-)


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen