About me

Mein Bild
Duesseldorf, NRW, Germany
Iam a German 40s/50s/60s Pin up Girl, Retro Addict and Weirdo. I love make up, to craft, do photoshootings and collect vintage clothes/ lingerie. In my blog you can read all about it, mashed up with my thoughts about fashion/styling.

Topics

Shooting (158) 50s (80) photoshooting (79) fashion (71) make up (66) 40s (49) releases (48) 60s (36) review (36) making of (31) diy (18) lifestyle (10) how to (9) hair styling (7) modelling (7) styling (7) 30s (6) Skin care (1)

Sonntag, 15. Januar 2012

Essence Legends of the sky Trend Edition review & I getto wear my new hat!

Hello everyone,

Essence released a new Limited edition that is supossed to emulate the style of the 40s. So I couldn´t resist taking a look, however only the palette appealed to me (A 40s inspired edition without 40s inspired packaging and NO red lipstick???? Come on!) Off course this was also a welcome occassion to put on my new hat...



That´s the promo for the trend editions. No cute retro packing, no red liptick, so I went for the palette...




I chose to use the khaki-greenish and the brown one for a 40s inspired make up... As you can see the colour is suitable for day wear but not necessarily for photoshootings because there is not that much pigmentation going on there and I hate my hair. (I curled the damn hair for over an hour and it didn´t turn out the way I wanted it. The darn curls fell out straight away :-( I must get myself a perm again!) The metal box, the palette comes in, is ideal for travelling, but does not look very retro. So I say - buy it for day-wear, but don´t expect to do much pin upping with it. It is not really a must-have for the retro gal! It´s ok, but advertising it as a 40s inspired edition is a fail in my oppinion. Don´t see anything SCREAMING 40s to me?!















1 Kommentar: