About me

Mein Bild
Duesseldorf, NRW, Germany
Iam a German 40s/50s/60s Pin up Girl, Retro Addict and Weirdo. I love make up, to craft, do photoshootings and collect vintage clothes/ lingerie. In my blog you can read all about it, mashed up with my thoughts about fashion/styling.

Topics

Shooting (158) 50s (80) photoshooting (79) fashion (71) make up (66) 40s (49) releases (48) 60s (36) review (36) making of (31) diy (18) lifestyle (10) how to (9) hair styling (7) modelling (7) styling (7) 30s (6) Skin care (1)

Freitag, 24. Februar 2012

DIY Project Steampunk

Hello everyone,

Technically this is my week off, but.... well.... you know.... I applied for a grrrrreat shooting this Sunday and as I got accepted I had to go and figure out how to make myself a own steampunk outfit for it within a few days... Considering Steampunk is a very do it yourself friendly genre this is what I started with...

I bought a vest for 5 Euro and some faux leather fabric that was in the sale for 5 Euro per meter. The ugly pearl and stud part had to go and I added some faux leather to the back cause I find that more interesting looking!

I bathed my bloomers and the lace top in some black tea to make it more vintage and dirty looking and I made a faux leather bustle myself  loosely based on the video you can find below. I slaughtered a belt that I bought for 1,99 € and added it to the bustle to add a comfy yet stylish way to open it.


I really look forward to shooting with it on Sunday!!!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen