About me

Mein Bild
Duesseldorf, NRW, Germany
Iam a German 40s/50s/60s Pin up Girl, Retro Addict and Weirdo. I love make up, to craft, do photoshootings and collect vintage clothes/ lingerie. In my blog you can read all about it, mashed up with my thoughts about fashion/styling.

Topics

Shooting (158) 50s (80) photoshooting (79) fashion (71) make up (66) 40s (49) releases (48) 60s (36) review (36) making of (31) diy (18) lifestyle (10) how to (9) hair styling (7) modelling (7) styling (7) 30s (6) Skin care (1)

Samstag, 28. Dezember 2013

2013 - I am glad you are over!

Hello everyone,

I hope you all had a very merry Xmas with your families! And if you didn´t don´t forget: You can still try again next year. Gosh, I still feel stuffed like a goose. For 5 days straight I didn´t get to eat anything with vegetables (potatoe dumplings are no vegetables) and now I try to go back to more wholesome meals. Cause phew.... My body needs to recover. Every year I tell myself "Oh, I won´t eat as much this year", but when the food is served my Mom doesn´t take a "no" for an answer... Plus she is a bad eater, so her boyfriend is so happy when someone actually eats and enjoys his food. You wouldn´t turn it down. 

2013 was the toughest year ever for me. I don´t think there was any other year in the history of Sari which was nearly as bad as this one. Usually, looking back at a year, there are good and bad things equally. But this year was mostly bad things. Such as: Family members dying, family members beeing really sick, my work place filing for insolvency (but it seems we are ok now), people turning their back on me and disappointments. Altogether 2013 was the year of the dead of the old ways and the year of tears. My hopes are that 2014 will be the year of rebirth. Now, there is no rebirth if you just sit on your ass, so I work hard to make things possible. Apart from the things I can´t have any control over such as death and sickness, off course. I don´t want to cry anymore. I want to smile again.

But enough of the serious talking... Here´s something to make YOU smile. I ran into a hello kitty hat when John and I went into the mall today to snap up some sale goodies. Maybe I should consider a total make over and only wear silly hats from now on ;-)



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen