About me

Mein Bild
Duesseldorf, NRW, Germany
Iam a German 40s/50s/60s Pin up Girl, Retro Addict and Weirdo. I love make up, to craft, do photoshootings and collect vintage clothes/ lingerie. In my blog you can read all about it, mashed up with my thoughts about fashion/styling.

Topics

Shooting (158) 50s (80) photoshooting (79) fashion (71) make up (66) 40s (49) releases (48) 60s (36) review (36) making of (31) diy (18) lifestyle (10) how to (9) hair styling (7) modelling (7) styling (7) 30s (6) Skin care (1)

Sonntag, 6. April 2008

Sometimes you got o listen to your heart

I have never had a moment before where I was in a coflict wether to model something or not cause I know what I want and I lnow what I don´t. However I was offered a shooting with a dead octopuss on my shoulder. I had seen fantastic photos of that before, however I´m totally against killing a animal - and than not eating it. So I asked the photographer if she´ll eat it afterwards and didn´t even get an answer back anymore. It´s just wrong in my oppinion.

Nature is eat and be eaten. Not to kill for fun. :-(

The pics the photographer makes would have been great for my port as she does very highfashion beauty portraits (like Vogue), but if I have to pay with a bad conscience I´m glad not to do it.

Yesterdays check-list and what I managed:
-photos for ebay
Done. Only the vintage corset, but the other things I thought over and decided not to sell as I don´t know if I´ll get a good price. It´s a dress from the 20s/30s and a dress t hat I think to be from 1910. However I didn´t have any nice display for them as they are too small for my duct-tape form. They wouldn´t have looked good and so wouldn´t have gotten a good price. I´ll have to give it some thought.

- more sewing on the yellow blouse
Done however it´s far from finished.... I also think about adding some white contrass as the skirt has (I make it to match a skirt I bought in Stockholm last year)

-buy food for the weekend
Done.

-Beauty Day
Not done. I took a bath, but was too tired to put on a face mask.

- test face make up for my shooting next week
Not done. That will be my mission for today! Basically I just got to see if I can make nice glitter ornaments without trouble.

- Refill my water-colour containers with lipstick
Is in progess. I just takes so long to wash out the colour. I probably finish that today.

- Eat only vegetables till the evening.
If you consider rice-crakers a vegetable it worked *lol* However I had a big salad. In the evening I went to buy a Döner though.

I also got to decide for a pic to take with me as I´ll have my hair-cut this Tuesday....

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen