About me

Mein Bild
Duesseldorf, NRW, Germany
Iam a German 40s/50s/60s Pin up Girl, Retro Addict and Weirdo. I love make up, to craft, do photoshootings and collect vintage clothes/ lingerie. In my blog you can read all about it, mashed up with my thoughts about fashion/styling.

Topics

Shooting (158) 50s (80) photoshooting (79) fashion (71) make up (66) 40s (49) releases (48) 60s (36) review (36) making of (31) diy (18) lifestyle (10) how to (9) hair styling (7) modelling (7) styling (7) 30s (6) Skin care (1)

Mittwoch, 29. April 2009

tested

So I got new goodies. For one thing the palette for blue eyes by Pop Beauty (despite my memory there was no "Candy" involved in the brand-name. Must have been wishfull thinking;-) and a new hairstyling book....



I was exited when I saw this book on amazon and wondering wether it would be half as good as "Vintage Hairstyling" which is available on pinup-parade.com. It isn´t. Let me explain you why. A cool aspect is that it covers a wide range of hairstyles from pre-historic (but come on, most men just crawl out of bed looking messy - some even look like that all day to) the 90s (Grunge which I consider quiet similar to the prehistoric ones ;-) The 20s - 60s have not much of covering for my taste and this was what I looked forward to the most.

The men-styles are not very good and the women styles don´t really knock me out of my socks either. Most of the time I felt like "I could do better" and the person that made the book claims to have been hairdressing in movies for 30 years. I´m self-taught for 5 years and shake my head at this?! There must be something wrong. On the other hand there are 2 ideas or so that I actually find interesting and will probably use in future. However if you wonder if the book is worth buying I say you better go and buy "Vintage Hairstyling" if you don´t own it already.



Now to the Pop Beauty Palette.For my taste it is altogether too sheer in colour. I´m used to my high-pigmented makeup palette and the fab products of Bésame so  I´m probably totally spoiled. However I like the thought of just having a small palette to match my eye-colour to take on journeys. So I put tons of primer on my eyes and it was ok. I´m not sure wether I can use that palette for shootings and probably have to try around with it a bit in order to get stronger results but for every day it is ok. I ordered the same one for green eyes now and a silver shimmer edition though.  They sure caught my interest with the idea. Let´s hope I get an idea to improve it further ;-)

The ones I ordered now. Could you have resisted?  I hope it arrives soon so I can use it in Sweden.



Another thing I bought for travelling:



It´s a cleaning-milk, eye make up remover and toner all in one. I´ll put a bit of it in one of the small plastic bottles ( i don´t need the full one for one week) I bought for travelling and don´t have to carry around 3 different bottles in my luggage. A pretty clever product. I´ll test it tonight :-)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen