About me

Mein Bild
Duesseldorf, NRW, Germany
Iam a German 40s/50s/60s Pin up Girl, Retro Addict and Weirdo. I love make up, to craft, do photoshootings and collect vintage clothes/ lingerie. In my blog you can read all about it, mashed up with my thoughts about fashion/styling.

Topics

Shooting (158) 50s (80) photoshooting (79) fashion (71) make up (66) 40s (49) releases (48) 60s (36) review (36) making of (31) diy (18) lifestyle (10) how to (9) hair styling (7) modelling (7) styling (7) 30s (6) Skin care (1)

Mittwoch, 17. Juni 2009

How Benedikt Taschen changed my life

It was about 6 years ago. I was on a vacation in Lübeck with the boyfriend I had during that time when I stumbled in a bookstore over the first pin up book I had ever seen. I was hooked. It was bought.

Before I had done a bit mainstream modelling as that very boyfriend lived in Sweden so I needed the extra-money for my monthly Sweden-trip. However I was getting really bored with mainstream as it just didn´t challenge me really and many months later I started to become Germanys first pin up model since the 1960s.

The book I had found was "1000 pin up girls" released by Taschen and they will have their huuuuge annual warehouse sale in Cologne tommorow. Every year I go there and grab as many interesting art and pin up books as I can carry (it´s not a matter of money in this case as they are dirt-cheap during that sale! Prices start at about 5 € and the most expensive ones 20.) Thank god there´s a subway nearby ;-) If you have a Taschen flag store nearby you should really inform yourself wether they have such a sale, too

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen