About me

Mein Bild
Duesseldorf, NRW, Germany
Iam a German 40s/50s/60s Pin up Girl, Retro Addict and Weirdo. I love make up, to craft, do photoshootings and collect vintage clothes/ lingerie. In my blog you can read all about it, mashed up with my thoughts about fashion/styling.

Topics

Shooting (158) 50s (80) photoshooting (79) fashion (71) make up (66) 40s (49) releases (48) 60s (36) review (36) making of (31) diy (18) lifestyle (10) how to (9) hair styling (7) modelling (7) styling (7) 30s (6) Skin care (1)

Sonntag, 12. Juli 2009

First Ponyhuetchen test results

Hi Folks,

as I told last week I ordered some of the bathing goodies by Ponyhuetchen.com and this Friday it arrived. I already tested some of it and so I can start to do a first review...

"Dia de los Muertos" - Bathing Cookie

This was the first one I tried. The lady that runs the shop gave me the advice just to use a half cookie per bath as they are very effective. They are indeed like a cookie so it was no hard job to put it in a half and to crumble it into the water.

The description says that it contains cocunut-milk, mangobutter and brown sugar. And says it smells like lemon.

What do I say? That´s true! The mangobutter and the coconut-milk make the skin super-soft and leave a slightly oily film on it. As many bathing products leave my skin dry (bathing-bombs etc) I was pleasantly surprised!!! It smells like lemon. You really can´t tell there´s mango or coconut smell in it, but it´s wonderfully refreshing and exotic! Actually just perfect for summer-time!

What did the boyfriend say? Mmmmmmmh!


Schwarzwaldmädel - Bathing cupcake

This one is a bathing bomb that smells a lot like cherry. It has jojoba-oil in it, too so no worry about dry skin.

What do I say? It is delicious. You get a bad conscience to actually use it cause it is so cut! The downside of the cup is a bathing bomb. I assume the oils are in the topping. The bathing bomb-part immediately started to bubble and I crumbled the topping when it got a bit soft. Personally I could totally see a whole range of those cup-cakes coming up. Think Vanilla, choclate, caramel, blueberry....

Boyfriend says: Mmmmmh (minus the "!" which means he likes it slightly less than the cookies)



Choci-tastic - Peelingsoap

This soap contains dark choclate, almonds and brown sugar. It is containing lots of fat.

What do I say? Yummy! Not only does it smell good and looks like a marble-cake, it also makes you a wonderfully smooth skin! I think I will use it regulary in my daily shower-routine. The peeling is very soft so I think I can do that with a perfectly good conscience. I really look forward to future showers now!

Boyfriend says: Uuuuuuuuhhhh! And agreed when I asked him wether my skin is super-soft now or what?! I guess that means he likes it a lot.



Rub-A-Dub - Massagebutter

Containing cacao-butter, white choclate and honey I just couldn´t resist!

What do I say: I couldn´t convince John to give me a massage with it yet, as he came home from working 8 hours and I couldn´t make him lay still so I could have used it on him, but I tested it on my arm. It is smooth, not too oily (ever made a mess wih massage oil? can´t happen to you here!!!) and you can use it sparingly. It smells like a marshmallow due to the vanilla and caramel smell in it. I almost turned a cannibal trying to chew my own arm. I can imagine this will become really addictive if the gent over here actually lets me use it or uses it on me.

Boyfriend says: It really smells like a marshmallow! He WILL like it when I get a chance...

Left to try: Lemon-Ginger Bathing Bon bon, Honey Bee Sweet Bathing praline, Mint and Vanilly Bathing praline and what I think to be samples of the mineral eye-shadow in white and light pink. I will try some of it over the week, but I can´t get away with taking a bath EVERY day ;-)

John complained cause it all looks like candies, but you can´t eat it. This is why I like it. It is visually appealing and definetly Í recommend all that I tried for the "girlfriend/Mom/sister/special lady in your life" that deserves something extra or has everything else already! I´ll make a huge order just before X-Mas for sure!!! And for some birthdays, too

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen