About me

Mein Bild
Duesseldorf, NRW, Germany
Iam a German 40s/50s/60s Pin up Girl, Retro Addict and Weirdo. I love make up, to craft, do photoshootings and collect vintage clothes/ lingerie. In my blog you can read all about it, mashed up with my thoughts about fashion/styling.

Topics

Shooting (158) 50s (80) photoshooting (79) fashion (71) make up (66) 40s (49) releases (48) 60s (36) review (36) making of (31) diy (18) lifestyle (10) how to (9) hair styling (7) modelling (7) styling (7) 30s (6) Skin care (1)

Sonntag, 11. April 2010

Sari in Wonderland

Hi everyone,
today I went to see Alice in Wonderland in 3 D. Spectacular!

There is one scene where the mad hatter makes hats for the red queen which really makes me fall for all those pretty excentric hats. I spotted a heart-shaped veil hat that especially made me uhhhh and awwwww. Back home I figured that while I can´t have the hats I can at least play with make up and do a kick-ass red queen inspired styling on myself... I ended up looking like the love-child of the red queen and Paloma Faith (hey, that´s pretty good. I said before that I wanted to archieve a similar hairdo as Paloma anyway and I managed it even without a hair-piece)

The funny thing is that minus the extreme lips I would actually totally go outside in that attire!

How to go for that look? Off course turqouise eye-shadow. For the fun of it I added fake-lashes with rhinestones. I first covered my lips completely with concealer, than with foundation and drew the heart on with a lip-liner. I put my hair in rolls and clipped them with hair-pins. The cardi is by H & M, the headdress is something I made myself out of actual playing cards, glue and glitter. (It was supposed to be for a showgirl shooting that never happened in the end)
Have a fab Sunday!
Sari

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen