About me

Mein Bild
Duesseldorf, NRW, Germany
Iam a German 40s/50s/60s Pin up Girl, Retro Addict and Weirdo. I love make up, to craft, do photoshootings and collect vintage clothes/ lingerie. In my blog you can read all about it, mashed up with my thoughts about fashion/styling.

Topics

Shooting (158) 50s (80) photoshooting (79) fashion (71) make up (66) 40s (49) releases (48) 60s (36) review (36) making of (31) diy (18) lifestyle (10) how to (9) hair styling (7) modelling (7) styling (7) 30s (6) Skin care (1)

Montag, 20. Mai 2013

The 1940s Face

 
Hi everyone,
last week I was asking on FB whether anyone would be interested if I do a Little blog series on period make up and what I use to achieve the look. And as there were a few that liked the idea.... Here we go ;-)

I am doing a more "Photo Make up" Approach of the 1940s face because the "Girl next door" make up look for day time was rather simple: A simple face cream, powder, blush, Mascara and red lipstick or lip Pomade to go with it.

When taking photographs or when filming make up artists were adding foundation, eyeshadow and contouring to give more deepths to the faces and to work out the Features.


So basically I did the foundation, concealer, powder and added some blusher to the apples of my cheek and the bronzer below my cheek bones. Light eyeshadow to the entire lid, than building up the crease with the darker shades and finally a very, very thin line of the black shade right at my lashes (eye liner didn´t get popular before the 50s really). Eyebrows in the 1940s were groomed, but rather natural so I just filled it out with a light shade eyeshadow pencil and brused it with eyebrow Mascara. Matte lips were THE Thing in the 40s. For this look I mixed the Lip Booms and overdrew my upper lip a Little.
 
Color photos to better illustrate what exactly I did here...
 





Products used (mostly MUA, so I just add the brand if it´s something else, ok? :-)
Face:  Matte Perfect Foundation, Hide and Conceal, Cover and Conceal, Matte perfect Powder, Blusher Shade 3, Mosaic Bronzer "Natural Glow"

Eyes: Professional Eyes Primer, Undress me too Palette (colours used: Naked, fiery, Obsessed and Corrupt), Essence I love Volume Mascara (forgot to include it on the photo. Darn!), P2 Eyebrow Express "Stylish blond", Essence Guerilla Gardening eyebrow Mascara "my Piece of land"

Lips: Lip boom LMK and Bring it

 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen