About me

Mein Bild
Duesseldorf, NRW, Germany
Iam a German 40s/50s/60s Pin up Girl, Retro Addict and Weirdo. I love make up, to craft, do photoshootings and collect vintage clothes/ lingerie. In my blog you can read all about it, mashed up with my thoughts about fashion/styling.

Topics

Shooting (158) 50s (80) photoshooting (79) fashion (71) make up (66) 40s (49) releases (48) 60s (36) review (36) making of (31) diy (18) lifestyle (10) how to (9) hair styling (7) modelling (7) styling (7) 30s (6) Skin care (1)

Mittwoch, 8. Juli 2009

How to do a castingvideo in 2 hours

Hi everyone!

So yesterday I got a message from one of the agency I signed up with. I rarely ever get anything from agencies as mostly people just search me  themselves or drop me a mail cause they saw me somewhere. They asked wether I had the time to go to a casting in Berlin this Saturday. They´d like to submit photos of me to a big designer.

I have never been to a casting, so I was curious, plus the designer is sort of huge so I said "Ok, submit my pics." However I did not expect anything to happen. We are talking about a size 40 Retro Pin up Model presented to a top-notch fashion designer guru.

So I was surprised when my phone rang today and it was the agency. They were interested in ME. However the casting got delayed to a date under the week, So I was sad cause that just isn´t possible. However the casting staff seemed to like me indeed so they said "Ok, than make a casting video and send it to us." So I got instructions for the video and recorded one with the camera standing on my computer as John was still working. I edited it so it wouldn´t be too lame, threw in some snipets from my latest shootings and a few photos and ran to the post-office.

I heard the big boss is the one watching it. I wore my blue playsuit with the white and green flowers that I showed in my bargain-post previously. I just wanted to make sure he´ll notice me ;-)



And I told tons of stuff I could kill myself for on the video. Stuff like that Iam a ebay-addict - I even showed the latest dress I bought. And that I´d buy me a bigger bookshelf if I get the job. And my aunt calling my nose a potatoe. Oh well, the agency said I should tell something about myself. ;-) I hope he has sense of humour, than he´ll have a good time watching no matter wether he´ll actually decide to book me.

I called my Mom cause usually I have no major news to tell when she asks me for them. Today I sure had. I´m very very nervous. It would be totally sureal if they choose me and I´d go to Berlin to shoot for them!!! A whole new level in my career. The chance is small - but it exists!

If they take me I´ll put my dorky casting video online cause in that case it can´t be that horrible. If not it will remain in my archives and I hope my grandchildren will make tons of cash with this exclusive material :-D

Wish me luck. But hey, even if they do not take me I at least got their attention for about 5 minutes and entertained them.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen