About me

Mein Bild
Duesseldorf, NRW, Germany
Iam a German 40s/50s/60s Pin up Girl, Retro Addict and Weirdo. I love make up, to craft, do photoshootings and collect vintage clothes/ lingerie. In my blog you can read all about it, mashed up with my thoughts about fashion/styling.

Topics

Shooting (158) 50s (80) photoshooting (79) fashion (71) make up (66) 40s (49) releases (48) 60s (36) review (36) making of (31) diy (18) lifestyle (10) how to (9) hair styling (7) modelling (7) styling (7) 30s (6) Skin care (1)

Montag, 22. März 2010

Lace! And the Napoleon Bonaparte Adventure!

Hi everyone,

usually I have my Making off videos finished before I even get the first picture from a photoshooting back..... But than it was unusual conditions...

Yesterday Hady called me because a model cancelled a shooting with her. It was supposed to be in a castle and so she looked for a substitute. I said "HELL YES" as we wanted to shoot anyway (however we planned a outdoor shooting and the weather gods were against us). So I spend to rest of yesterday trying a new make up (I immediately KNEW I needed something artificial and doll-like, eventhough Hady made no specific demands which look I should go for - she told me to surprise her), packing stuff and preparing for the shooting.

This morning I got up reaaaaaally early, put on the make up and off I drove to Cologne where Hady picked me up to drive to Schloss Auel. Iam a history nerd. I´m not kidding. As a child I wanted to grow up to dig for lost cities, bones and treasures. Well, nowadays I dig for vintage clothes and funny things. So off course I informed myself and found out that even Napoleon stayed at this castle once! And so we went to see his room (and shot in Napoleons bathtube.... We´ll see how those turn out). To our surprise the room and the bed were TINY. Like.... Half of my apartment. 15 squaremeters maybe? I laid down on his bed to see what it must feel like to be Napoleon and it seems his ghost liked it as it opened a wardrobe door all by itself when we shot in another room later.

Anyway.... Here are the first pics from this shooting :-)



I can´t decide wether I like the colour or the black and white version better?!

2 Kommentare:

  1. Das erinnert mich etwas an das Edward Steichen Portrait von Gloria Swanson! Sieht irre gut aus! Vollkommen ungewohnt aber sehr faszinierend!

    AntwortenLöschen