About me

Mein Bild
Duesseldorf, NRW, Germany
Iam a German 40s/50s/60s Pin up Girl, Retro Addict and Weirdo. I love make up, to craft, do photoshootings and collect vintage clothes/ lingerie. In my blog you can read all about it, mashed up with my thoughts about fashion/styling.

Topics

Shooting (158) 50s (80) photoshooting (79) fashion (71) make up (66) 40s (49) releases (48) 60s (36) review (36) making of (31) diy (18) lifestyle (10) how to (9) hair styling (7) modelling (7) styling (7) 30s (6) Skin care (1)

Samstag, 18. September 2010

Fall is on it´s way, I have a flu and I badly need to cheer up

Hi everyone,

it stroke me like lightning! A flu that is. I left work earlier on Thursday as I was on 3 different medications at once (2 beeing herbal, 1 beeing chemical) and still got more and more miserable with every minute. And since than I haven´t left my bed anymore.

The good thing is that I got to watch a bunch of movies, what I usually don´t really find the time to do (I watched "The innocents", "Mrs. Pettigrew lives for a day" and "The Cats Meow" as well as many episodes of "My Name is Earl" which totally is not retro-themed :-D). I tried new eye shadows, but the photos are unwatchable as the cold is not really helping my looks :-D

The bad thing: The pain in my head, the pain of my poor nose and I had to cancel visiting the Burlesque exibition and show that I wanted to visit today. That is really upsetting because this would have been the 2nd live show I ever saw and my first one in Germany. (I saw my first one 2 years ago in... Sweden.)

In an effort to cheer myself up I bought me this dress on ebay, though... It is a bit too big, but that´s nothing I can´t fix. Asthe neck is rather high I think it could become a great dress for fall! I love the colour and the buttons and the cute detail on the pockets. Green and turqouise allways suit me and look nice with my hair!


I have bought another dress for fall but John isn´t very fond of it, he feels the neckline should be a few centimeters lower to be more harmonic, but I think if I wear a nice necklace with it it should make the neckline appear longer. I will experiment with it when I´m back on my feet.



Oh well, I hope to be back on my feet soon cause my back hurts from laying around all day and I seriously run out of magazines and reading material...

Btw: Anyone knows a good online store for wool-pantyhose in more interesting colours than black, grey and brown? I would like to have funny coloured wollen stockings cause fall is depressing enough!

2 Kommentare:

  1. ooh - I love MISS PETTIGREW!! - and MY NAME IS EARL.. :")

    Get well, soon!!

    *antibacterial hug*

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. LOVE both dresses!!!

    : )

    Hoping that you will be cured soon...

    Hugs, Jenny

    AntwortenLöschen